This just occurred to me 'cause I'm ridiculous and not used to playing at powercap-y games, but! Booster is kind of a special snowflake when it comes to coming in with just the clothes on his back, since... the clothes on his back are kind of his only source of superpowers and stuff. Details here.
I was wondering how much of this is okay! I'm willing to tone down/powercap/change pretty much whatever, aaaand Booster, with memory loss, isn't gonna know how to use much of his suit's tech at all. He's not a terribly bright boy, and I tend to lean towards the comic relief side of things anyway, so it's not like I'll be godmoding with it. I really just wanted to get mod thoughts on this stuff before I actually started playing.
I don't think the origins of where the power comes from matters too much! There's people who'd have intrinsic powers anyway, and he DOES have the clothes on his back, so yeah he can have the stuff it does! And if you're unsure of how to apply the powercap from there, we have guidelines over in the rules section. And yeah, him not knowing how to use his suit's tech with memoryloss and regaining that knowledge when he gets memories of using it is fine.
BUT BASICALLY, what your current stats/powers page looks like fine to me, and just keep what the rules say in mind when stuff comes up. o/ If it's random encounters he can take them, if it's something that is clearly midboss he'll need help, and final boss can smush anyone in the game flat. (Hypothetically, if we were to have such a thing show up that is.)
Hi! Sorry to be a bother, but if you play someone who's lost his/her memory, would that mean that s/he lost his/her skills too? Because I am kind of confused atm and see some people who have both memory and skill registries '-' I know that that is how it is in aather so perhaps it is the same here, and I misunderstood things! I kind of thought that memory loss and skill loss were two separate things that you had to choose from. So if I am wrong, sorry about that |D Comprehension is hard!
They are two different things! The only person that should have BOTH is Leo Baskerville, due to coming from aather before regaining all his memories, and then choosing the skill route.
Some skills will be lost, just because characters don't remember how to do them, but! They retain the ABILITY to do these things, and you don't have to worry about a skill game to replace them or anything. Depending on what it is, they can figure it out again while amnesiac or get a memory and then. :|a HMM THAT DOES SEEM LIKE I THING I CAN DO I WILL TRY IT!! ect. So yeah, we're not doing it the way aather did it, we're copying Sabra's which I know is older and less people will be familiar with. :x
(in other words, you're doing it right, go yell at people who are nerfing their amnesiacs completely for no reason. :E)
Is the memories versus skills an IC choice? So, for example, if I wanted to apply a character who would have a strong preference (either positive or negative) would I have to take that into account, or would I pick what's more fun for me-the-player?
It's random! Character just needed something to use to cement themselves to the world, but it was just what was "more available" to them, rather than they decided hmmm, my memories suck I guess losing those would be okay. Or vice-versa, NO I NEED THOSE :E TAKE SKILLZ PLZ.
Heyyyy, I was wondering about accessories. I know we just come in with the clothes on our back, but would Aqua come in with her Wayfinder? It's a special charm accessory she carries that grants her abilities I'm too lazy to implement anyway, and has deep sentimental value. Would she be able to bring it?
OUR THING WITH ACCESSORIES is: if part of an outfit, we say yes, since they come in with the clothes on their backs. If not, no. But if she had it around her neck, yeah, you can keep it.
Kind of dumb of me to ask after apping in, but how do canon points work? Are there actually specific canon points we can go up to in memories or do memories just build up as canons go on? Additionally, the "reason" for our characters going into Decollage - are those concrete, esp. for the ones who lose memories, or is it something that isn't too big of a deal?
I ask because I kindofsortof put Kuroko's "desire" as reaction to something that happened pre-canon, so it leaves me with a lot less memories than I could have listed. orz
Okay, we'd PREFER if characters came in with the canon points in mind, their purpose is basically to make people think about the setting and why their character is here, so when they get a good end and all memories back + achieve desire, there's an actual desire to be achieved and not. lol what did I come here for anyway?
BUT. You can add in memories after, yes. :x Just keep in mind it does render that canon point as "invalid", and you'll have to think up another reason/point before he good ends/IF he good ends.
HEY is there anything specific we have to do for re-apps, and what will happen if a re-apped character is accepted? do they get put back on the same team, have the same memories and regains, etc...
OH RIGHT, we don't have that information up anywhere convenient. WE'LL TRY TO GET TO THAT, BUT FOR NOW:
IF DROPPED TO THE BIGGER PICTURE and unless otherwise specified, if it is a reapp we will just put them directly back on their old team. WE ARE ALLOWING AN EXTRA SLOT FOR REAPP CHARACTERS so they don't have to wait, a "hobo" slot, basically the dorm doesn't expand to seven rooms and no automatic extra uniforms, but the person comes out of the bigger picture exactly as they were. No memory reset/skill reset, remember everything that happened in Deco, go back to the team they were on.
WE WILL HAVE A PROTOCOL FOR THIS SOON but until then you can just send us the original app again.
If you want to do something like reset the character, that's fine too, just give us a headsup so we can talk!
I have a question regarding the items characters bring in on arrival. I'd like to have Thor's hammer, but it is a pretty considerable weapon being that it's a god-level one. Am I able to bring this in if I nerf it's capabilities to the same power cap the characters have??
My app should have been a tip-off, but!!! Are there ghosts, spirits of the dead . . . Dead anything in Deco . . . ? You can just say BAD FEELS and that would work fine if there are plot things afoot in that area.
no subject
I was wondering how much of this is okay! I'm willing to tone down/powercap/change pretty much whatever, aaaand Booster, with memory loss, isn't gonna know how to use much of his suit's tech at all. He's not a terribly bright boy, and I tend to lean towards the comic relief side of things anyway, so it's not like I'll be godmoding with it. I really just wanted to get mod thoughts on this stuff before I actually started playing.
Thanks!
no subject
BUT BASICALLY, what your current stats/powers page looks like fine to me, and just keep what the rules say in mind when stuff comes up. o/ If it's random encounters he can take them, if it's something that is clearly midboss he'll need help, and final boss can smush anyone in the game flat. (Hypothetically, if we were to have such a thing show up that is.)
no subject
no subject
Some skills will be lost, just because characters don't remember how to do them, but! They retain the ABILITY to do these things, and you don't have to worry about a skill game to replace them or anything. Depending on what it is, they can figure it out again while amnesiac or get a memory and then. :|a HMM THAT DOES SEEM LIKE I THING I CAN DO I WILL TRY IT!! ect. So yeah, we're not doing it the way aather did it, we're copying Sabra's which I know is older and less people will be familiar with. :x
(in other words, you're doing it right, go yell at people who are nerfing their amnesiacs completely for no reason. :E)
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
I ask because I kindofsortof put Kuroko's "desire" as reaction to something that happened pre-canon, so it leaves me with a lot less memories than I could have listed. orz
no subject
BUT. You can add in memories after, yes. :x Just keep in mind it does render that canon point as "invalid", and you'll have to think up another reason/point before he good ends/IF he good ends.
no subject
no subject
no subject
IF DROPPED TO THE BIGGER PICTURE and unless otherwise specified, if it is a reapp we will just put them directly back on their old team. WE ARE ALLOWING AN EXTRA SLOT FOR REAPP CHARACTERS so they don't have to wait, a "hobo" slot, basically the dorm doesn't expand to seven rooms and no automatic extra uniforms, but the person comes out of the bigger picture exactly as they were. No memory reset/skill reset, remember everything that happened in Deco, go back to the team they were on.
WE WILL HAVE A PROTOCOL FOR THIS SOON but until then you can just send us the original app again.
If you want to do something like reset the character, that's fine too, just give us a headsup so we can talk!
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Or at least, everywhere not in a portrait it's like that. Inside dorm and npc portraits it's less permeating.